Connecting people with purpose
Andy is a change leader and leadership developer. He partners with individuals and groups to understand their purpose and to lead themselves and others to make it happen. Andy sparks individuals and groups to think and act to bring life, hope and success to professional and personal life.
Most change programmes fail to achieve their aims. So unless you know why what you’re doing is going to put you in the twenty-five percent that succeed, the chances are your change process will fail.
That’s where Andy comes in. Working with all the evidence about what makes change stick, and utilising highly developed interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills, Andy partners with each of his clients to enable them to realise their change ambitions, sustainably. Andy is equally comfortable working with people at all levels of the organisation, quickly building rapport.
He has extensive operational and change advisory experience in the UK health sector, working with boards as both a director of an acute hospital trust and leading an NHS service and organisation change agency.
Andy successfully established Kairos Consultancy in 2006 to focus on change leadership, leadership development, team development and facilitation, coaching and organisational development. He is also engaged in mediation and 360° feedback and MBTI facilitation.
50 models for success in work & life
You can find out a little about it from this fun little film I and co-authors John Greenway and Andy Blacknell put together. Believe it or not none of us has any acting training!
Or you can download the beautifully illustrated models for use in your and your team’s work here. Illustrations masterfully created by @visualthinkery.
Do get in contact and let me know what you think.
50 models for success in work & life
Available on Amazon
LEAD 50 models for success in work & life is now available to buy on Amazon.
LEAD will develop you as a leader in a dynamic way that goes to the heart of your purpose and dreams. It takes you well beyond traditional, fixed planning processes, which are out of date as soon as the ink dries, or the temporary ‘high’ of a leadership development day or two. It helps you recognise the complexity of the challenges you face and equips you to navigate these effectively and flexibly… because life is not a straight line.
LEAD equips you with enduring principles, inspiring stories and practical tools to:
- Map the journeys that you want to make in work and life
- Navigate through life’s twists and turns to success
- Grow yourself and others as leaders
Its style is like that of the best coach whose sole aim is to enable you to find your purpose and to thrive. John, Andy and I have brought our own fresh perspectives and the very best leadership thinking and practice.
LEAD should be your constant companion, always within reach to coach, challenge and cheer you on. It will help you to be clearer and more confident – to fulfil your potential and succeed in work and life.
Patrick Lencioni, in his book The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, identifies five characteristics of dysfunctional teams. Lack of trust is the first and most important dysfunction, which leads to the other four. I have found when working with teams that it can be more...read more
Delighted to say we launched our book 'LEAD 50 models for success in work & life' yesterday in the presence of so many friends and colleagues in the achingly trendy environment of the Graffiti Tunnels. Thirty leadership books summarised in one practical package. Do...read more
Don’t ask yourself what the world needs – ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. Harold Thurman Whitman How many people are you following - on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or any...read more
He also holds accreditation in Interpersonal Mediation (UK Mediation), The NHS Leadership Model 360° Feedback (NHS Leadership Academy), and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Step 1.
For the last nine years Andy has operated through Kairos Consultancy, focusing on group and team facilitation, leadership development, coaching and organisational development. He is also engaged in mediation and 360° feedback facilitation.
Working with all the evidence about what makes change stick, and utilising highly developed interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills, Andy works with each of his clients to enable them to realise their change ambitions, sustainably. Andy is equally comfortable working with people at all levels of the organisation, quickly building rapport.
That’s why one client described him as ‘the best consultant I’ve ever worked with’, another as ‘the only consultant who actually made a lasting difference’, and why colleagues have described him as ‘a brilliant facilitator’.
Andy brings relationship, fun and vitality and flexibility to his clients’ work. Andy makes things happen through development, coaching and consultancy, with both individuals and groups.
Andy is an experienced facilitator, developer and consultant at executive level and beyond and is highly skilled in individual and team development and leadership.
- Successful design and delivery of clinical leadership development programme for GPs aspiring to lead CCG governing bodies, clinical networks and whole systems integrated care – highly evaluated, leading to continued demand for further programmes
- Design and delivery of leadership development programme for executive team and sixty senior managers in NHS arms length body, leading to significant client-focused culture change
- Preparing an executive team for merger and organisational change through personal and team development
- Facilitation of a people management skills programme for senior clinicians
- Developing and delivering the national Introduction to Reward Management programme for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Numerous facilitation of team development events
- Design and delivery of Medical Directors’ consultant appraisal skills training
- A fitness for purpose review of a primary care trust executive team in the light of Commissioning a Patient Led NHS.
- Working with clinical directors to bring together numerous clinical teams into a single service after organisational merger – and to do so whilst reducing costs and improving patient care and client experience
- Working with a large number of clinical and multi-disciplinary teams to develop services
- Undertaking a range of HR service reviews to improve people management in complex unionised environments
- Facilitating the Department of Health national review of salaried primary dental care services, Creating the Future, which successfully reframed the role of salaried primary dental care services, leadership models, career pathways and pay and grading structures and terms and conditions.
Andy’s work in this area is strongly based on research evidence, and Andy has undertaken research commissions in support of organisational change proposals.
- Supporting long term improvement to financial performance in a large NHS organisation by developing a performance management framework and working with the executive team to foster performance culture change
- Working with the Board of a successful aspirant Foundation Trust to develop an agreed OD strategy to improve performance against KPIs
- Facilitating Trust board change mapping processes to improve organisational performance and minimise personal loss through a national change process
- Facilitating a range of executive and non-executive board events
- Executive coaching
- Facilitating the Department of Health salaried primary dental care service review road shows – seven national events, with audiences ranging from 60 to 200.
- Chairing and facilitating the Mental Health Helplines Partnership Conference with an audience of around 200.
- Facilitating the London HR Network conference
- Facilitation of an organisational development network event
- Miscellaneous engagements as a plenary speaker at NHS conference events
- Facilitation of account management system development in NHS arms length body
- Architype Limited
- Barts Health NHS Trust
- Bexley Care Trust
- Brent, Harrow and Hillingdon CCGs
- Central London CCG
- City Hope Church
- City University
- City West Housing Association
- Collaboration of North West London CCGs
- Department of Health
- East and North Herts NHS Trust
- Hampshire Dental Services
- Harrow CCG
- Healthcare People Management Association (HPMA)
- Hillingdon CCG
- Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust
- Institute for Criminal Policy and Research (ICPR), Birkbeck, University of London
- Islington CCG
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
- London North West Healthcare NHS Trust
- Mental Health Helpline Partnership
- MetroHealth GP Network
- NHS Employers
- NHS Haringey
- NHS Hounslow
- NHS Professionals
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- Northern Ireland Confederation
- North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
- North West London Collaboration of CCGs
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Parkinson’s Disease Society
- Ridgeway Partnership
- Royal United Hospitals, Bath, NHS Foundation Trust
- Surrey PCT
- Tim Mungeam Consulting
- University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
- West Midlands Dental Deanery
- Whitefoot and Downham Community Food+ Project